21 October 2011

Acer HS244HQ 3D LCD Monitor


I just received the Acer HS244HQ LCD Monitor (not belong to me). We bought it for a research project in UTM. Basically the research project requires a 3D capable monitor to display some 3D graphics. This monitor will be connected to Dell Alienware M11x via HDMI 1.4a port, which is available in this monitor and also M11x. From what I found, HDMI 1.4a is the latest technologies in HDMI that allows the PC/Laptop to transfer 3D Stereoscopic contain to the monitor using single HDMI communication. Most of the 3D LCD Monitor use Dual DVI link for the 3D contain, but only few models like this Acer HS244HQ uses HDMI 1.4a for the 3D contain (thats the reason we choose this model).


The box for Acer HS244HQ:


Testing the Monitor using my laptop:


It is always good to have 2 display, that I can have both of the display to show 2 different windows that I don't have to switch between windows that frequent.

FYI, this monitor do comes with built-in speaker, but the quality of this speaker is very poor. I can say that my Dell Studio 1555 produces better audio quality compare to Acer's build in speaker. The ports available at the back panel are VGA IN, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, Audio IN and AC IN (NO DVI Port!!). About the quality for the display, I will say, it is not as expected (I am not sure if that is because it is designed for HDMI 1.4a, and my Dell Studio 1555 doesn't have that). However, using VGA port produces slightly better quality compare to HDMI port (I am not sure why).

For me, overall build quality will be 7/10, graphics quality around 7/10 (compared to my Dell Studio 1555 full HD display) and the sound quality 3/10 (poor sound quality). But it comes with this capacitive button for the LCD setting which is quite nice.

I haven't run any 3D stuff on it, my Dell Studio 1555 do not support 3D output, and the Alienware M11x still on its way.




12 comments:

  1. LCD Module, Custom LCD Module, Touch Screen Displays, TFT, Graphic LCD Display and LCD glass from Densitron touch lcd display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post.
    ultra wide monitor review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt exceptionally glad while perusing this site. This was truly exceptionally enlightening site for me. I truly preferred it. This was truly a sincere post. Much obliged!.  4k compute rmonitor

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is due to LEDs offer much more gradation in intensity, giving a much truer color quality.Visit Site

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you have learned how to obtain the needed information about the LCD monitors available for purchase, you will have no problem shopping in the stores or through online vendors.
    https://www.gameroe.com/144hz-monitor

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. https://www.tomsmonitor.com/best-4k-monitor/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This technology currently represents the most popular LCD display technology and accounts for the majority of the global display market. Being light in weight, slim in construction, high in resolution with low power consumption, TFT's are gaining prominence in almost all the industries wherever displays are required. tft display news

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. best selling monitors in India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could this mean cheap LCD televisions will be more readily available as Samsung tries to offload its current stockpile of televisions. smart tv

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your writing style, great information, thankyou for posting. Game Mobile Online

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. Games Online

    ReplyDelete
  12. Substantially, the article is in reality the freshest on that noteworthy topic. I concur with your conclusions and definitely will eagerly look forward to your forthcoming updates. Saying thanks definitely will not simply just be sufficient, for the amazing lucidity in your writing. I definitely will ideal away grab your rss feed to stay abreast of any updates. Fabulous work and also much success in your business endeavors! led futófény

    ReplyDelete